The Internet Alliance annual summit – Malaysia Internet Business Summit (MIBS) had successfully pull off at MaGIC Cyberjaya on yesterday, 15th November 2018.
This year the summit was designed with two (2) concurrent tracks – main summit and practical workshops, which attracted good crowd from the industry. Among the attendees, 65% are manager and above which 56% out of them are Directors, HODs, C Levels and Professional Consultant.
The theme of the conference was set as “Digital Technology, Future is NOW”. The President of Internet Alliance, Mr Chan Kee Siak said “The Future is Now. The “High Tech” “Sci-Fi” scene we talked about in the past are now happening” During his opening speech, he shared a video with the audience which had alarming those still in their comfort zone to act fast in learning new tech and be ready to transform when IR4.0 is arriving.
In the upcoming 1-2 years are critical and at the same time, it is a good timing for digital transformation. This is due to the upgrades of 4G to 5G, new government in MALAYSIA with more open minded and up to date legal framework and policies, emerging of mobile wallets etc.
The MIBS 2018 was giving highlight on the new tech topic that dominating the industry which include keynote from Artificial Intelligence application, Blockchain for business and economy, Cloud Infrastructure, and the upcoming hot topic on eSport.
- Few of the current issues of the industry were put on stage to discussed over by the leaders too. Those panel sessions topics are as follow:
- Capital for SMEs: LEAP to GROW – about the LEAP Market newly launched by Bursa Malaysia, Private Equity, Angels Investing, crowdfunding and so on.
- The Importance of Internet Exchange – sharing views on Malaysia as a peering hub
Mobile Wallet for Cashless Society – discussed on the journey to cashless society and the market of mobile wallet.
- eCommerce + O2O = New Retail – sharing successful case studies and learning the gap for Malaysia to speed up.
- Forecasting 2019 Malaysia Digital Trend – for three leaders in different tech segments to forecast in their own profession area.
- The panel sessions were greatly handled by the moderators, to touch on current scenario and some with case studies to support the discussion. Overall the panel session received good comments from the ground.
The summit was supported and sponsored by Intel, Exabytes Group, MYNIC, MOLPay, Webnic, TIME, Extreme Broadband, MYKRIS and LWE. At the end of the summit, 100 early bird tickets of MIBS 2019 were open to audience to pre-book their seat and the tickets were all out on that day ! We look forward to organized another informative industry summit in 2019.
Please find MIBS 2018 presenters’ slide from the link here – https://goo.gl/8VkPU6 . Some slides are still getting from presenters. Stay tune for slides from Customs Malaysia on SST for Tech Industry (update) and MATRADE presentation slide on Marketing Development Grant (MDG) and Service Export Fund (SEF).